On 27 January 1945, Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi concentration and death camp, was liberated by the Soviet Army. This Jan 27, 2018, is Holocaust Remembrance Day. We are observing the day by re-airing portions of interviews with two survivors of the death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- Amram Deutsch is a survivor of Auschwitz from Sighet, now living in Los Angeles. Originally recorded and aired in 2015.
- Esti Shnek (maiden name Jahr) is a survivor of Auschwitz from Jasina, Czechoslovakia (which is now Yasinya, Ukraine), now living in Haifa. Originally recorded and aired in 2017.
- Intro instrumental music: DEM HELFANDS TANTS, an instrumental track from the CD Jeff Warschauer: The Singing Waltz
- Holocaust songs to conclude:
- Adrienne Cooper: Shtiler, Shtiler
- Chava Alberstein: Zog Nit Keynmol
- Norbert Horowitz: Farvos Iz Der Himl Geven Nekhtn Loyter?
- Norbert Horowitz: Shtil, Di Nakht Iz Oysgeshternt
Air Date: Jan 24, 2018