We wish you all the best for a healthy, happy New Year. Le Shona Toyve!
לשנה טובה תיכתבו ותיחתמו
- Tania Lefman (repeat from last week), Holocaust survivor, recalls both her happy childhood in prewar Koretz, Poland, as well as her struggle to stay alive after the German takeover in 1941. Mrs. Lefman is a founding and active member of the Association of Jewish Holocaust Survivors and Descendants of Greater Boston.
- Miriam Libenson (repeat, first aired on the Yiddish Hour, WBRS, in 1993): a discussion of Rosh Hashona/Yom Kippur, and featuring some of Miriam's own original poems
- Music: Eastern-European style music of the High Holiday season in Yiddish and Hebrew by cantors Goldie Malavsky, Josef Rosenblatt
- Music: Harbstlid: Words and Music by Beyle Schaechter-Gottesman, Sung by Janet Leuchter and Meyshke Alpert
- Intro instrumental music: DEM HELFANDS TANTS from Jeff Warschauer: The Singing Waltz
- Ending instrumental music: AFN VEG SHTEYT A BOYM from Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (with Itzhak Perlman performing and Dov Seltzer conducting): Tradition
Air Date: September 20, 2017